Conflict Resolution Education
Conflict Resolution Education teaches students how to analyze conflicts they are involved in and approaches they can take to handle them, as well as communication skills and processes for resolving them.
Peer Mediation Videos
Peer Mediation is a process where students are trained to impartially guide their peers in a voluntary and confidential process where they come up with their own solutions to conflicts they have with one another.
Peer Mediation Introduction
Bad Mediator Training
Don't Give In to the Drama
This series of videos illustrates a high school mediation and shows ways to proceed with and without an agreement.
- The Conflict Resolution Education Connection - This website provides a variety of resources on conflict resolution education, with pages devoted specifically to teachers and administrators.
- The Conflict Resolution Information Source - This website offers a catalog of web, print, and organizational resources.
- Mediate.com - This website provides information about all aspects of mediation, with specific articles regarding youth mediation.
- Creating Harmony in the Classroom - This publication is designed to help students learn how to successfully manage conflict in their lives, with a focus on students with special needs.
- Kids Health - These lessons teach upper elementary students about conflict through using fairy tales and an imaginary call-in radio show.
- The New Jersey State Bar Foundation - These lessons are for elementary school students in conflict resolution and peer mediation.
- Coaching Children in Handling Everyday Conflicts - This guide provides a quick and easy process for helping elementary school children work out their disputes with one another.
- Classroom Management: The Conflict Resolution Education Connection - This guide provides information on how to hold class meetings with your students, which are similar to community building or talking circles.
- A Conflict Resolution Protocol for Elementary Classrooms - This guide provides tips for using I-Statements effectively with elementary school children.
- A Guide to Implementing Programs in Schools, Youth-Serving Organizations, and Community and Juvenile Justice Settings - This document provides detailed accounts of how to set up different types of conflict resolution models in schools.
- How Do I Start a Peer Mediation Program at My School? - This guide by Western Justice Center for Haven provides tips for starting a program at your school.
- Learning from Conflict: Discussing Controversial Issues in the Classroom - This article provides tips and resources for talking with your students about conflict and controversial issues in the media
- Quick Guide to Implementing a Peer Mediation Program - This guide provides steps for starting a peer mediation program at your school.
- Recommended Standards for School-Based Peer Mediation Programs 2007 - This document provides an in-depth look at peer mediation programs and standards for implementing them.
- Resolving Conflict with a Peer Mediation Program - This guide provides information on starting a peer mediation program and training exercises you can do with elementary and middle school mediators.
- The Benefits of Mediation by School Mediation Associates - This website details the benefits of peer mediation programs to students and school campuses.
- Conflict Resolution in Creating Safe and Drug-Free Schools: An Action Guide - This article explaining four different approaches to conflict resolution in schools, with data on their effectiveness.
- Conflict Resolution Education: The Field, the Findings, and the Future - This article discussing conflict resolution education programs and their benefits.
- Conflict Resolution Programs Reduce Aggression and Enhance Learning, an excerpt from A Powerful Peace: The Integrative Thinking Classroom - This excerpt focuses on effectiveness and benefits of conflict resolution education in schools.
- Decreasing Violence through Conflict Resolution Education in Schools - This article discusses the need for conflict resolution education in schools, with a focus on the mediation process.